Sunday, June 26, 2011

Definition and Explanation

A blank page is calling to me, saying that it needs words. I tell it that I really have no idea what to write on it. I have a title and two or three characters. That's about it. Usually, when I start a story, I have more to go off of than that. So, I suppose we can consider this a new experience for me.
I love to write. Writing is something I'm passionate about. However, I have found that more and more stories are piling up inside my head and not getting out onto a piece of paper...
This is a problem.
Problems need solutions.
Hence, this blog.
I am challenging myself to write one chapter in a brand new story for thirty days. As I mentioned before, I really have no idea what this story is about. All I know is that it has a title and two main characters. Beyond that, it will have to grow and evolve on its own. Which, come to think of it, is a bit of a scary thought...
I may or may not like this story. It may or may not be cliche. It may or may not be funny. It may or may not be my best work. It may or may not be a lot of things. I am pretty certain, however, that it will be difficult. I might not be able to wrap it up in thirty chapters, so I might have to extend my deadline. I'll post one chapter each day, though, so that I can be held accountable, and I'll probably put up a regular post to go with the chapter so that you can all be amused by my ramblings/frustrations/joys along the way. So, here we go...
Thirty days, thirty chapters, one book.
Get ready for lift off...

No comments:

Post a Comment